For students, we should put a large amount of web content. Holder of our website is the point where the visitor decides to continue or not. Devote a few minutes for holders that can mark the beginning of a profitable stage within your web business.
The first page that visitors see in your site is the home page or home. At this point, this is where the visitor decides to continue browsing through our site or move to another site of competition.
On the home page, we cannot show all our services, attributes or benefits for reasons of space and usability. The only weapon we have to give our readers a clue about our theme is to place headlines that link to internal pages where information is enlarged.
Write these headlines effectively can greatly increase the number of pages viewed on our site and, consequently, our visitors becomes customer.
Here we show some examples of effective headlines based on the theories of web business consultant, some theories of direct marketing and our experience analyzing web traffic from different business sectors online.
1) A list of top5 or top10 containing an adjective related fatality
- The Five Deadly Sins of SMEs
- Which leaves the Web hands of your company? 10 Tips to avoid mistakes
Having a list of things “not to do” is very attractive to the curiosity of the readers. Here, the trick is that the list is not too long. Memorizing a long list of things is difficult to do. Did you know by heart the 10 commandments of the Church?
2) A secret that everyone wants to know
- How can I credit all the VAT that I pay?
- Do you have the right company to install signs or posters on the façade to advertise his business?
Here the trick is that the secret to expose small or short. If the holder out “how to make more money in my business” would not be very interesting as the reader knows that this secret is based on many secrets in turn, i.e., the reader wants to know quickly the secret, do not want to throw him a long history.
3) The question and its answer
- How to attract visitors to my site? Apply the model of Shopping Centers.
- Customer Loyalty? Start before its people.
A headline in question form draws little attention to the reader. If the question is also interesting and induces little response to guide the reader on the subject of it, increased ratio of click on such holder is guaranteed.
4) An irresistible benefit
- How to get the maximum return on their participation in fairs?
- Improving the bottom line: reconciling family life and working life
“Free” is the most attractive word of our language. As we cannot always put it in a headline, we can place a word or phrase that denotes a great benefit.
5) Manual, a guide, advice or just start with a “How”
- How to create a ‘subject line’ effective?
- How to use creativity at the beginning of the year?
Internet is the perfect medium for learning. A very high percentage of searches for information online pursue the goal of learning new things, any holder tutorial written as increases its appeal.
6) The numbers that invite more details on listings
- 15 benefits of good customer service
- 25 questions to be made when planning an e-mailing
There are many tips that are recommended when writing for the web. Some recommend us to present information in lists for your reading becomes friendlier. The only way that the reader knows that it will come up with a list is placed in the holder an obvious clue. A number (amplitude of the list) followed by the subject matter enough to get your attention.
These tricks or suggestions to help us start writing the contents of our website, however, each market or sector has its own history.
“Try to complement the analysis of the holders with information that is subsequently posted to your web statistics system.”
Find out what the headlines where visitors pick more and draw their own conclusions from the way you should write your headlines are.